Thursday, October 4, 2007

Enough Super Bowl XL Talk

I guess I have to give my 2 cents on this subject. I was trying to ignore it, but everyone keeps talking about it. Just because the Seahawks are playing Pittsburgh this weekend doesn't mean we need to talk about that Super Bowl. Its over, the Steelers won, the officiating was bad, and its now 2007.

Fox Sports Adam Schein wrote this article about how the Seahawks still hold a grudge. Then you read this article from the Seattle Times and it talks about how the Seahawks are over it and its a non-story. I think the national writers are looking for a quick story and the idea that the Seahawks are still upset about the game is an easy one to write.

There are too many new players on both teams, it was 2 years ago, and this is not nearly as important as a Super Bowl. This shouldn't be a story and I don't understand why everyone wants to talk about it. The only Super Bowl Seattle needs to be talking about is XLII.

Seahawks still hold Super grudge [Fox Sports]
Hawks will see different matchup vs. 2006 Super Bowl champs [Seattle Times]